Last Updated: June 1, 2018
I. Our Commitment to Privacy
II. What Do We Collect?
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly. We collect the information you give us, which may include your:
- E-mail address
- KIXEYE account information, such as unique user name or avatar
- Your ID from various Social Networks to improve your social gaming experience
- including Facebook, Apple iTunes, Google Play, or Steam
- Payment or billing information
- Your messages to us or the Services
- chat logs, customer support requests
- Information that helps us verify it’s actually you, prevent fraud, and improve our Services
- IP Address
- General Location Data
- to help identify regional language and improve social gameplay
- Device information
- such as device type, model, operating system, browser version, or unique device identifiers for checking device compatibility and IDFA or GAID
- IDFA means Identifier for Advertisers on Apple and GAID means Google Advertising Identity. These unique identifiers are non-permanent and non-personal, meaning they do not contain sensitive information about you but does allow for consistency across all apps and cross-app tracking. You can opt-out of sharing your device identifier by updating the settings on your device.
- Service communications
- in-game messages, chat logs
C. Information Given to Us by Third Parties. We may be given access to certain information collected from you by third parties through your use of such third party’s services, websites, applications, or other services.
D. No “Special Categories” Collection. We do not collect any “special categories of information” from you. That is racial data or information regarding ethnic origin, sexual practices or orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, or health data.
III. How Do We Use this Data and Why?
We use your Personal Data and non-personal information to:
A. Provide you with our Services.
- Operate, maintain, and improve our Services.
- Provide customer support for the Services.
- Resolve disputes and enforce our Terms of Service.
- Collect fees, payments, and other amounts due in connection with the Services.
- Enable you to connect with other players.
- Create a user account to use the Services.
- Provide you with the appropriate version of the Services, including in your preferred language.
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors.
- Develop new services.
B. Secure our Services.
- Identify and/or prevent fraud.
- Identify and/or prevent illegal activities or cheating.
- Verify user identities for customer support communications.
- Enhance the security of our network and information systems.
C. Personalize our Services or Offer Promotions.
- Provide you with personalized game and other offers.
- Communicate with you regarding your areas of interest and respond to your requests.
- Serve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Perform analytics for internal marketing and demographic studies to improve or personalize the Services.
- Save your game progress and stats.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights.
- Protect the vital interest of you or any other person.
IV. Who Do We Share this Data With?
B. KIXEYE Affiliated Companies. We may share your information amongst our subsidiaries, parents, or affiliated companies to improve our Services and better serve you.
D. As Required by Law. We may disclose Personal Data if we believe we are required to do so to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of KIXEYE, users of the Services, or others.
- Protect the personal safety or vital interest of users of the Services or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
- Enforce our Terms of Service, policies, or forum/community rules.
V. How do we Protect and Store Your Personal Data?
VI. Your Privacy Controls
You have control over the collection and use of your Personal Data. You may at any time access or correct your Personal Data, restrict collection or processing of your Personal Data, and in some cases, request the deactivation or permanent deletion of your Personal Data. To request access, correction, restriction, deactivation, or deletion of your Personal Data, contact us at privacy@KIXEYE.com. Before we process any request, we may ask that you verify your identity to protect your privacy. This may include communication via the Services platform or other methods of identity verification.
Requests that are unreasonable or impractical may be rejected. To protect your account, requests for deactivation or deletion of Personal Data require additional verification, which may include a temporary suspension of your account and the Services. Once requests for deactivation or deletion are processed, they are permanent and the Personal Data and account cannot be restored.
VII. Children Under Age 13
VIII. Third Party Privacy Practices
IX. Data Retention
XI. Contact Us