Our chat policies are pretty lenient, and as such, a certain amount of salty "PG-13" language is to be expected in chat, and we will not suspend anyone merely because they use curse words.
However, there are some who will abuse their chat privileges, and we rely on our users to report people that need to be reviewed. Such incidents of chat abuse include: racism, sexism, or other personal attacks; discussion of illegal activity; real-life threats; extreme vulgarity; posting personal information; or excessive spam, either of nonsense words, vulgar language, or anything else intended to disrupt chat for other users.
Here are some general guidelines for things that are not permitted in chat.
- Do not impersonate KIXEYE employees, or claim to be a moderator, admin, etc.
- Do not impersonate other players.
- Do not attempt to evade the filter by creatively spelling prohibited words.
- Do not post links to websites that host hacks or cheats (including YouTube).
- Do not claim you are hacking or cheating, even if you are not.
- Do not accuse others of hacking/cheating. If you suspect someone, report them.
- Do not post personal information, either your own or someone else's.
- Do not threaten others with personal harm or discuss illegal activities.
Aggressive and even "salty" language is acceptable. However, it is never appropriate to insult others by referring to sexuality, religion, race, age, or any other personal characteristics. Doing this, or breaking any of the above guidelines, may result in a temporary or permanent ban from chat, or a ban from the game, depending on the circumstances.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
For reporting chat abuse, we require all our players to use the following procedure. You MUST use this process for us to investigate.
- Go to the player's profile and choose the "block" option. This will keep you from seeing their messages and block them from sending you PMs
- Copy down their Player ID, which will appear in their profile near their name
- Take a screenshot of the offending chat that occurred before you ignored the person.
- Note the time and date when the incident occurred.
- Submit a Support Ticket via your settings with the above information you collected.
WHAT WE WILL DO
When someone is reported for chat abuse, we review the incident, and if necessary they will be suspended from chat - either temporarily or permanently, as the situation warrants. Users suspended that have been suspended more than 1 time are likely to be permanently suspend.
For privacy reasons we are unable to tell you the outcome of our investigations. After all, you wouldn't want your name in an abuse report, so we keep the results of the investigation private. However, you won't have to worry about that person any more anyway, because you'll already have them blocked.
Thank you for your help.